The Illinois Society of Pathologists (ISP) is one of the oldest state pathology societies in the country. This society serves over all practicing pathologists and trainees across the state of Illinois and has membership of over 300.
ISP is strongly committed to fulfilling its mission of:
- Advocating for members and all pathologists and trainees on current issues that impact the practice of pathology
- Providing a community of peers in which to share best practices, benchmark and enrich members’ professional lives
- Preserving the practice of pathology in Illinois
- Collaborating with other organized medical groups such as Illinois State Medical Society (ISMS) College of American Pathologists (CAP) and American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
- Communicating with members through Educational Programs, Newsletters, and Practice Alerts